I have been trying to compile a list of items every female needs for autumn/winter 2013, so I thought the best idea would be to ask some of my best friends what they couldn’t live without.
1. Vintage Black Belt – This belt is slim enough to wear with jeans and with an extra button put in to wear with high waisted clothes. “It makes my random assortment of clothes look like an “outfit”. Vintage comes easy in London, take a trip to Camden or Portobello Market and I am sure you can pick up a unique belt that looks great with any outfit.
2. Bright Lipstick – “I wear a lot of black clothes so some colour on your lips brightens up any outfit that isn’t very exciting.” My personal favourite lipsticks are all from MAC and I am wearing Russian Red a lot at the moment. Another trend that I am going to try out is wearing a brown colour that was seen on the catwalk at 3.1 Phillip Lim.
1. Trench Coat – The weather isn’t quite cold enough to bring out your cosy winter jacket just yet and a trench is a perfect alternative. “They are timeless, classic and the key definition of smart/casual…perfect for after work drinks.” Rachel has recently started working in Hobbs and has been using her discount wisely, and invested in an amazing new trench.
2. Dark Wash Skinny Jeans – These are a definite must have in any wardrobe, “they are flattering, versitile and great for day to night outfits.” I just invested in Topshop Leigh Skinny Jeans (they have the added benefit of being extremely comfortable).
1. Heeled Boots – Everybody needs a classic pair of heeled boots for winter. If you manage to find a comfy pair it is perfect as they make any outfit look better..they also make your legs look longer (a definite bonus).
2. Jumpsuit – When the weather gets a little colder a jumpsuit is a perfect alternative to a dress. “I love this black backless one from ASOS, black is a little boring but it is easy to dress up with a nice belt and jewellery.”
1. Fur Gilet – Can dress up an outfit to make it look smarter and can also be worn over a coat to make it warmer. “I am in love with my new gilet – it is definitely my best purchase for winter.”
2. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Balm – When the weather starts to get a little colder, your skin and hair suffer the most. This lip balm is so moisturising and is great to keep chapped lips away. I would also recommend argon oil for your hair.
1. A Cape – This is a little bit different to a winter jacket and I feel it is also more feminine. There are great high street ones in H&M at the moment but be quick as they sell out fast. For those of you with a little more cash to splash the Victoria Beckham AW13 one is the dream!
2. Statement Trousers – “I am absolutely loving tartan at the moment, Zara have a great pair of woolen ones…I am definitely saving for them.” I am loving this trend too, shops are doing it great by using classic fabrics with modern twists such as big zips and pockets.
My puppy Mimi is in the photo with Megan. She is such a little angel.
Some of my other friends have also given me some great suggestions. Chia seeds were on the list for wellbeing when it is easier to fall ill, use them mixed in smoothies. Another must have is TEA!!!!! I honestly can’t live without tea and neither can my friend Sara. I would highly recommend Teapigs Matcha Green Tea!
Last by not least my shopping list for A/W13 includes:
A fur collar
An A-Line Skirt
Zara Tartan Top and Trousers
– BEROCCA (I need one every morning to start my day).
My sister is coming to visit me in London at the weekend and we are going to have a little browse around Camden. I will share with you all the treasures I manage to find…I am currently on the hunt for lots of nice thin gold rings and bracelets that can all be worn at the same time!